The benefits of role-based security access in research
1. Low maintenance costs and increased efficiency through a one-time set up of role-based rules and workflow engines modules.
2. High security by controlling users’ access according to their specified roles.
3. Maximized operational performance through streamlining data transactions.
4. Better personal responsibility by tracking specific user activity.
5. Stronger adherence to regulatory requirements through privacy and confidentiality of user activity.
6. East and accurate monitoring of the use and access of data by higher management, leading to better research management.
7. Reduced administrative and IT costs by eliminating redundancy and mindless administrative tasks.
8. Long-term savings and high ROI through the implementation of a “one-size fits all” technology tool.
So, how does one implement RBAC into their existing database? RBAC requires a thorough strategic process with a detailed structured plan that breaks down each task into various segments. “How role-based access control can provide security and benefits” is an article by ComputerWorld that can help you get started with the first steps.
SmartBiobank is a research data management system that employs RBAC into its structural framework to enable easy user access control and high security. Contact us today and start your research project!